A tale of misadventure


That was Wednesday morning. As usual, I reached the office. As I sat down, I was waiting for my colleagues. We used to gather on the office premises every morning. I was looking for Sweta, who arrived late that day.

When she arrived at the office, she seemed worried. I could not grasp why she was so worried. She came to explain to me that her phone was missing from her bag. Seeing her like that, I tried to help by checking her bag.

She sat down next to me, and the rest of our colleagues started dialing her number. We continuously kept trying her number. During this, whenever we dialed her number, it was busy.

While dialing many times, the phone eventually switched off after some time. Now we were sure that phone had been stolen.

Throughout the conversation, she was with us but seemed emotionally numb during that time. Suddenly, she began to cry. As I saw her crying, I hugged her tightly and tried to console her. Amidst it all, her worries stemmed from her various personal reasons; one of them was fear of being reprimanded by her loved ones.

As I saw her crying, I could see a child in her. How innocently she confided all her worries through her tears. After letting her seniors know, she left home that day a little early.

After two days, what I witnessed kept me in awe for a while. She came with a new brand of phone and a smile lighting up her face. It was unexpected, but I understood that while losing something hurts, certain losses are easier to handle if they are compensated for financially.

Post a Comment

0 Comments