The Monday Morning

I arrived at the office on Monday morning. I was eager to meet my friends. They were late. Whenever they would come, they liked to sit around me. The same thing happened that day. Firstly, Swati came up, and after a few seconds, there was a cracking voice coming from the door area, and as I saw, this was “Divina.” I was excited to meet her, as she had a new story of her own to tell. As she came, I did not give her much time to settle and asked abruptly, “Did you meet your guy.? Her reply was “yes."

As it was morning, other people started coming to the office, and slowly, the office chamber was full of people and their chatter. Seeing this, we decided not to talk much at that moment and started moving on to the next talk. We were three friends in this conversation. So, we decided to talk over this guy named Siddhartha during our lunch break. On that, we three nodded our heads.

In the meantime, we spent our morning doing some office work. We had many questions to ask, but we controlled ourselves at that moment.

After 2–3 hours, we met again. This time, our conversation started with a lot of questions. And soon, Divina confessed that Siddhartha is a nice and tall guy. After that, we did not give her much time to speak because we started throwing our questions back and forth at her. As I inquired a little more about it, she told us the way she met him in a restaurant, and she felt that Siddhartha is as talkative as she is. She also said that she did not have enough time to ask him anything.

During this conversation, Divina seemed a little perplexed and anxious. On asking her, Divina said that it was an arranged marriage. She felt it was not easy to fall in love with Siddhartha so easily. She had many things on her mind to resolve. While telling the truth, this seemed to be on her face. We do not know what happened, but after a few seconds, she decided to meet him again. “At that moment, we both agreed with a ‘hmm’,

During our whole conversation, we forgot the time, and now we had to go to the office. It was 2 p.m. Our lunch time was over. We came upstairs together. Then suddenly, Divina had something to say, and she insisted on listening to her a little. I just pushed my chair a little ahead of her. As I was there with her, she had something to share with me that was not related to a guy named “Siddhartha.” But it was another guy named Aditya who was her school’s friend. She loved him and confessed it to him a few days ago, but his reply was not the same.

After listening to her, I could feel that she had something on her mind that was bothering her a little. As she told me the whole thing, I understood that she felt stuck somewhere in it. It seemed like she was about to take her decision back about getting married to Siddhartha after having a thought about “Aditya.” When I listened to her, I gave her a clear idea. 

With my words, she took a relaxed breath. Maybe our conversation taught her something that she wanted to hear from me. After my words, she seemed calm, as if all her questions had been answered.

Post a Comment

0 Comments